As part of the many events hosted on campus during the 2018-2019 academic year, the Seminary held a two-day academic conference that explored slavery and higher education, with particular emphasis on a theological perspective.
- Darnell Moore, writer-in-residence at the Center on African American Religion, Sexual Politics and Social Justice at Columbia University
- Jody Lynn Allen, professor of history, director of The Lemon Project at William & Mary
- Adam Rothman, principal curator of the Georgetown Slavery Archive at Georgetown University
- Martha Sandweiss, founder and project director of the Princeton & Slavery Project, Princeton University
- Luke Powery, dean of Duke University Chapel and associate professor of homiletics, Duke Divinity School
Mark Lewis Taylor, Maxwell M. Upson Professor of Theology and Culture at Princeton Seminary
Complete lectures from the academic conference can be viewed at slavery.ptsem.edu/events/