Renowned theologians gave rousing sermons and lectures in response to the historical audit report that revealed the Seminary’s ties to slavery.
The playlist below includes remarks from:
- Willie James Jennings, associate professor of systematic theology and Africana studies at Yale Divinity School
- Rev. Dr. Samuel Reeves, Jr., alumnus and pastor of Providence Baptist Church in Liberia
- Bishop Yvette Flunder, founder and senior pastor of City of Refuge United Church of Christ
- James Forbes, senior minister emeritus of Riverside Church
- Luke Powery, dean of Duke University Chapel and associate professor of homiletics, Duke Divinity School
- Darnell Moore, a writer-in-residence at the Center on African American Religion, Sexual Politics and Social Justice at Columbia University